Tuesday, June 18, 2013

TED Talk Tuesday: Brene Brown - The Power of Vulnerability

It's Tuesday.. so its time for another TED Talk. Have you ever come across something in your life either it be a book, a song, a person or set of circumstances that just resonate with you? Well the below TED Talk which features social researcher Brene Brown Ph.D definitely resonates with me.

I started 2013 with the intention of living a healthy life and I continuously come across circumstances that are allowing me to do so. Most of us associate living a healthy lifestyle with the well being of our physical bodies but often overlooked the well-being of our mind. Carrying around heavy emotional weight can be just as damaging as carrying around physical weight.

In the talk The Power of Vulnerability Ms.Brown discusses that our ability to be vulnerable actually empowers us. Releasing shame that can block our ability to to vulnerable leads to being courageous. I'm a bit surprised that I didn't come across Ms. Brown's work earlier because I used to "live" in the self-help book section... haha. So I get another "tool" to add to my collection but the best thing about this year is I'm actually using them.



No comments :